Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
A rich, creamy sauce tops this satisfying chicken and pasta dish. "You can adjust the 'heat' level by increasing or decreasing the amount of Cajun spice you use," advises LaDonna Reed of Ponca City, Oklahoma.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with Cajun seasoning. In a large skillet, cook chicken in 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm. Add remaining oil to the drippings; saute the mushrooms, onions, green pepper and garlic until crisp-tender.
- Combine cornstarch and cream until smooth; stir into vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Add salt if desired and pepper. Return chicken to the pan. Drain fettuccine and add to pan; toss gently. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-3/4 cups: 492 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 551mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 45g protein.
Originally published as Cajun Chicken Pasta in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005
Apr 7, 2013
LovedDelicious! My family Lived It. Easy To Make.
Mar 11, 2009
This was pretty good. I used 1/2 red pepper instead of mushrooms and rotini pasta instead of linguine. It was nice and creamy, maybe will add more cajun seasoning next time.