Creamy Cabbage-Pork Stew Recipe
- 1 pound boneless pork shoulder, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups apple juice
- 2 medium red potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups coarsely chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown pork in oil; drain. Place in a 3-qt. slow cooker; stir in the soup, apple juice, potatoes, carrots, caraway and pepper. Cover and cook on high for 3-1/2 hours.
- 2. Add the cabbage and milk. Cover and cook 2-1/2 hours longer or until meat and vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Cabbage-Pork Stew
"Loved it! Made a pound of pork go much farther. Good flavors. Thanksforgot my stars"
"I really liked this dish. Who would of thought apple juice would be good in a soup. But it is."
"My whole family LOVED LOVED LOVED this recipe. Even my dad, who is a hard-to-please eater. Definitely a keeper :)"
"I made this for St. Patrick's Day, the whole family loved it. The ingredient amounts listed would never feed 6 adults. I used my 5 qt. crockpot and used 1 3/4 lbs. pork, plus more potatoes, carrots & cabbage. I did not increase the soup, apple juice or milk and there was plenty of sauce. We do not like caraway so I substituted a tsp. or so of thyme."