Creamy Broccoli Lasagna Recipe
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) slices Swiss cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cook noodles according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add flour, bouillon, garlic salt, pepper and thyme; stir until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Add broccoli; cook 3-5 minutes. Stir in cottage cheese and mushrooms. Drain noodles.
- 3. In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer three noodles, a third of the sauce and a third of the Swiss cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until bubbly and broccoli is tender. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 291 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 542mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Broccoli Lasagna
"Loved by whole family. I used oven ready noodles added a little sauce on very bottom of dish though to help with cooking the noodles and cooked 45mins. Used fresh mushrooms as well for a healthier choice then canned or jar and bought real swiss cheese slices to cut back on shredding time. Yum!"
"This is not vegetarian - it's made with chicken bouillon. Otherwise, an okay recipe."