A co-worker and her husband own a blueberry farm— so we have a ready supply of fresh berries in the summer. This pie is a favorite dessert.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3-1/2 cups blueberries
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream, sugar, flour, vanilla, salt and egg; stir until blended. Fold in blueberries. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Remove from the oven. For topping, combine flour and pecans in a small bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle on top of pie. Return to the oven for 10 minutes. Chill before serving. Keep refrigerated. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry Cream Pie in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p81