Creamy Blueberry Pie
A co-worker and her husband own a blueberry farm— so we have a ready supply of fresh berries in the summer. This pie is a favorite dessert.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3-1/2 cups blueberries
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream, sugar, flour, vanilla, salt and egg; stir until blended. Fold in blueberries. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Remove from the oven. For topping, combine flour and pecans in a small bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle on top of pie. Return to the oven for 10 minutes. Chill before serving. Keep refrigerated.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 355 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 219mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Blueberry Cream Pie in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook
Apr 30, 2018
Lovely pie- just what I was looking for to use up blueberries on hand. It assembles in moments. It bakes up to a lovely custard fruit filled cengter and a small crumble topping. Could not be any easier!