- 2 packages (3 ounces each) grape gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (21 ounces) blueberry pie filling
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Cool for 10 minutes. Stir in pie filling and pineapple until blended. Transfer to a 13x9-in. dish. Cover and refrigerate until partially set, about 1 hour.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Carefully spread over gelatin; sprinkle with walnuts. Cover and refrigerate until firm. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews forCreamy Blueberry Gelatin Salad
"This is absolutely delicious! Definitely a keeper. I have made it with strawberry and it works well also."
"I actually changed it to strawberry gelatin and strawberry pie filling, and it was great, a huge hit with everyone."
"I have been making this for years. The only change I make is that I use berry blue jello and just one large box. I have also used knox gelatin and grape juice for a nephew that could not have the artificial colors and flavors in jello."
"I like the concept but it was just too sweet."
"Makes more sense to me to use "blueberry flavor Jello gelatin" rather than grape. I also use the blueberry Jello to make icing for blueberry cakes.....much better than grape for these applications."
"I have been bringing this salad to family get together's since the early 70's when this recipe first came out..it's a winner"
"Have made this jello for years using sugar-free raspberry jello. It is always a big hit!"
"It was okay. Too sweet. I probably won't make it again."
"Loved the topping. The jello salad was way to sweet for me."