Creamy Beef and Mushroom Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 jar (12 ounces) fat-free beef gravy
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon browning sauce
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, mushrooms and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the gravy, sour cream, yogurt, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, pepper and browning sauce. Stir into meat mixture; heat through. Serve with noodles or rice. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 239 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 475mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 7, 2013
Great low fat pasta meal.. and easy.
Dec 19, 2011
Was a bit disappointed with this recipe. It wasn't very creamy and it just tasted of the thyme. I don't think I would make this one again.