Our Test Kitchen staff stirred up this light rendition of classic Stroganoff The saucy stovetop supper combines lean ground bee, mushrooms and onions in a flavorful brown gravy.
Recommended: 45 Recipes for Mushroom Lovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 jar (12 ounces) fat-free beef gravy
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon browning sauce
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, mushrooms and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the gravy, sour cream, yogurt, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, pepper and browning sauce. Stir into meat mixture; heat through. Serve with noodles or rice. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Beef and Mushroom Skillet in Light & Tasty June/July 2002, p5
Reviews forCreamy Beef and Mushroom Skillet
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review