Creamy Basil Fettuccini
What I cook is far better than any of those single-serving meals I can by in the frozen foods section at the supermarket. The fettuccini really picks up the basil and garlic flavors.—Ruth Bolduc, Conway, New Hampshire
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 to 4 ounces fettuccini
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook fettuccini according to package directions. Drain and immediately toss with oil, garlic and yogurt. Add Parmesan cheese, basil, salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Originally published as Creamy Basil Fettuccini in Taste of Home April/May 1993
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.