- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- BANANA FILLING:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- SOUR CREAM FILLING:
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Additional confectioners' sugar and toasted almonds
- In a small bowl, combine the water, milk, eggs, butter and vanilla. Combine the flour, sugar and salt; add to milk mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet; pour 3 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook for 1-2 minutes until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- In a small skillet, heat butter and brown sugar over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Add bananas; toss to coat. Remove from the heat; keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and confectioners' sugar. Spread over each crepe. Spoon banana filling over sour cream filling; sprinkle with almonds. Roll up crepes; sprinkle with additional confectioners' sugar and toasted almonds. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forCreamy Banana Crepes
"Absolutely amazing!!!I took a trip to Chicago and ate banana cream crepes at Wildberry Pancakes and Cafe and I instantly fell in love!! Came back home and I just HAD TO find a way of making them and THANK GOD your recipe was as perfect as theirs... Thank you so much!"
"YUMMY!My kids love it."
"YUM!! Not a disappointed taste bud to be found."
"These weren't bad. Had a hard time getting the brown sugar to melt for the bananas but the over all taste was very good."