Creamy Banana-Berry Pie
Cool, creamy and topped with bananas and fresh blueberries, this pretty pie from our Test Kitchen is lighter than air and sure to melt all resistance to dessert!
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/4 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (.9 ounce) sugar-free instant banana pudding mix
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 medium bananas
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- Unroll pastry on a lightly floured surface. Sprinkle with pecans; lightly roll pecans into pastry. Transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk, sour cream and sugar substitute. Gradually whisk in dry pudding mix. Fold in whipped topping.
- Place lemon juice in a small bowl. Slice bananas into juice and stir gently to coat. Set aside 1/3 cup; spoon remaining banana slices into the crust. Top with pudding mixture, blueberries and reserved banana slices. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Splenda no-calorie sweetener.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 263 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 266mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Banana Berry Pie in Light & Tasty June/July 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.