Cool, creamy and topped with bananas and fresh blueberries, this pretty pie from our Test Kitchen is lighter than air and sure to melt all resistance to dessert!
Recommended: 16 Banana Split-Inspired Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/4 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (.9 ounce) sugar-free instant banana pudding mix
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 medium bananas
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- Unroll pastry on a lightly floured surface. Sprinkle with pecans; lightly roll pecans into pastry. Transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the milk, sour cream and sugar substitute. Gradually whisk in pudding mix. Fold in whipped topping.
- Place lemon juice in a small bowl. Slice bananas into juice and stir gently to coat. Set aside 1/3 cup; spoon remaining banana slices into the crust. Top with pudding mixture, blueberries and reserved banana slices. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Banana-Berry Pie in Light & Tasty June/July 2007, p26
Reviews forCreamy Banana-Berry Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2010
"We were surprised by how good this is!"