My husband loves eggs pepared in any way. This recipe is simple but special, and the eggs come out just as he likes them every time. If you like soft yolks, cook the eggs for 9 minutes; for firmer yolks, cook for about 11 minutes.—Macey Allen, Green Forest, Arkansas
Recommended: 32 Holiday Recipes to Make with Eggnog
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded Jarlsberg cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°. Pour cream into a greased 9-in. pie plate or ovenproof skillet. Gently break an egg into a small bowl; slip egg into pie plate. Repeat with remaining eggs. Sprinkle with cheeses, salt and pepper.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until egg whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Top with green onions; serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Baked Eggs in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014, p1-22