Creamy Baked Chicken Recipe
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut up
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon snipped chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1. Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a bowl, combine the soups, sour cream, water, chives, salt and pepper; spoon over chicken. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Baked Chicken
"So easy and so good. I used skinless thighs because that is what I had thawed. The chicken was so moist and the gravy(sauce) was wonderful. Put it over steamed rice and served green beans on the side. My husband went back for seconds, he loved it! And he isn't crazy about chicken! Gets five stars from me."
"This recipe is one of our favorites. So versatile, it also cooks beautifully in the crock pot when you use boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Just yummy either way."
"My whole family loved it! I omitted the sour cream, and instead added in 1/2 cup of creamed corn. I followed the suggestions made by another reviewer, Chris1414. Turned out perfectly!"
"I have made this recipe several times, but I altered the recipe a bit. I use three boneless, skinless chicken breasts (and I don't cut them up). I sprinkle salt and pepper on each side of the chicken breasts, and then I shake them up one at a time in a large freezer bag that is filled with one cup of flour. I then follow the rest of the recipe exactly as it is (except that I only use four ounces of sour cream rather than eight). This recipe is fantastic. It's very simple, very affordable, and extremely tasty. I serve it with corn and long grain and wild rice."
"I used 6 skinned thighs, one can of soup, half the sour cream and water and it was very tasty and moist."
"This is pretty good! I used boneless, skinless breasts and baked it for about 45 minutes....could have come out a little sooner, but the sauce is yummy! I had it with buttered, Parmesan egg noodles, and what a combo!!"