Creamy Asparagus Casserole
Unlike most kids, my son doesn't consider asparagus "yucky". He loves it...especially in this dish. Whenever I serve this creamy combination, there's never any left.—Teresa Kachermeyer, Frederick, Maryland
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed creamy chicken mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen asparagus cuts and tips, thawed and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 cups cubed day-old bread
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine soup and milk. Add beans, asparagus and mushrooms; mix well. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Toss bread cubes, almonds and butter; sprinkle over the casserole. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes longer or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 104 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 289mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Creamy Asparagus Casserole in Taste of Home April/May 1998
Apr 11, 2008
I prepared this dish omitting the Green Beans and adding 1/2 cup of Sour Cream. Also since my family members are Garlic lovers I added 1/4 tsp Granulated to the Bread topping. This was a really big hit. E.F. Ionia, Iowa PS thanks