- 1-1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 6-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain.
- Stir the flour, seasoning blend, salt and pepper into drippings until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add spinach, cook and stir until spinach is wilted.
- Drain noodles; transfer to a serving bowl. Add spinach mixture and cheese; toss to combine. Sprinkle with bacon mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCreamy Spinach Noodle Toss
"Very simple and delicious!"
"Delicious! I didn't have noodles, so subbed 1 1/2 cups bow tie pasta. We loved this pasta in the dish, and I'll probably always use the bow ties. The only other change was to use 4 oz Parmesan cheese rather than 3/4 cup (6 oz)--I had some good imported stuff. The sauce is pretty thick, so if you like a looser sauce thin it with milk. I'll definitely make this again."
"My husband and I thought it was okay and all my kids hated it so I won't be fixing this again."
"Definite addition to our personal cookbook! We love fresh spinach, and always looking for new ways to incorporate in a side dish."