Creamy 'n' Fruity Gelatin Salad Recipe
I CAN remember looking forward to eating this pretty salad when I was a child. It has all the ingredients a child would like. My Grandmother served it during the holidays and on other special occasions and my Mother did the same.
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) orange gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 pint orange or pineapple sherbet
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add sherbet; stir until smooth. Stir in the oranges, pineapple and marshmallows. Fold in whipped cream.
- 2. Pour into a 6-cup serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until set. Yield: 10 servings.
1/2 cup: 158 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 42mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Creamy 'n' Fruity Gelatin Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC