"I created this dish for a church supper one night when I didn't have a lot on hand in my fridge or pantry," writes Cindy Evans from Sedalia, Missouri. "I was a hit! Now, I fix it often for my large family. You could also used cooked chicken in place of the turkey."
Recommended: 20 Favorite BLT Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (12 ounces) bow tie pasta
- 12 green onions, chopped
- 6 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- Pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onions, celery and mushrooms in butter until tender. Reduce heat. Add the turkey, broth, soup and sour cream; heat through (do not boil). Season with pepper.
- Drain pasta; top with turkey mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamed Turkey with Bow Ties in Light & Tasty December/January 2002, p55