- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups hot mashed potatoes
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion in butter until tender. Sprinkle with the flour, salt and pepper. Stir in the milk until blended.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Add the turkey and vegetables; cover and simmer until heated through. Serve with mashed potatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCreamed Turkey on Mashed Potatoes
"Excellent on biscuits too."
"A good comfort food without a ton of calories. Needs a bit of something though. I think I will try adding chicken bullion as one reader suggested."
"This is great I also added a bit of chicken bouillion it gave it great taste yummy! Will make it again"
"easy to make."