Creamed Spinach Ham Pasta
"My kids think I improvise our weeknight meals...they're right!" notes Brenda Andrew. The San Antonio, Texas cook says this taste-tempting creation is great with a fresh green salad and a loaf of crusty bread.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked small tube pasta
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 envelope carbonara pasta sauce mix
- 1-1/2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, whisk the milk and sauce mix until blended. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Drain pasta; stir into the sauce. Add ham and spinach; cook and stir until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 443 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 1609mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Creamed Spinach Ham Pasta in Quick Cooking November/December 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.