Creamed Spinach Casserole
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- Cook spinach according to package directions; drain well. Add 4 tablespoons butter, salt, pepper, cheese, eggs and milk.
- Spoon into two greased 8-oz. baking dishes. Melt the remaining butter; add crumbs. Sprinkle over spinach mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or just until set.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 528 calories, 44g fat (27g saturated fat), 328mg cholesterol, 1308mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 20g protein.
Jan 26, 2017
I had only 1/2 bag of spinach, but I decided to try this anyway. I just halved all the rest of the ingredients. I did not add the crumb mixture. This was very good! I will make it again.
May 9, 2011
Too high in calories!
Mar 12, 2011
this is not "creamed"....i made it in a 1 qt. dish... i would try it again, but with changes: needs more salt, needs less butter, perhaps some finely diced onion...maybe seasoned italian bread crumbs or parmesan cheese for topping, instead of buttery bread crumbs.
Jan 3, 2011
Simply isn't creamy enough - too solid a base and the bread crumb topping only makes is less creamy. A nice recipe, but definitely not "creamed spinach."
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.