- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach
- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- In a saucepan, cook spinach in a small amount of water for 2-3 minutes; drain thoroughly. Add 4 tablespoons butter, salt, pepper, cheese, eggs and milk. Spoon into two greased 8-oz. baking dishes. Melt the remaining butter; add crumbs. Sprinkle over spinach mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until almost set. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forCreamed Spinach Casserole
"I had only 1/2 bag of spinach, but I decided to try this anyway. I just halved all the rest of the ingredients. I did not add the crumb mixture. This was very good! I will make it again."
"Too high in calories!"
"Simply isn't creamy enough - too solid a base and the bread crumb topping only makes is less creamy. A nice recipe, but definitely not "creamed spinach.""