Creamed Peas and Potatoes Recipe
- 4 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1. Place potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water and cook until tender.
- 2. Cook peas according to package directions, adding sugar.
- 3. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan; add flour, salt and pepper to form a paste. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; boil for 1 minute. Add dill; cook until thickened and bubbly. Drain potatoes and peas; place in a serving bowl. Pour sauce over and stir to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
3/4 cup: 131 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 242mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Creamed Peas and Potatoes
"Very good American heritage-type recipe. Creamed veggies like these are great comfort food which at the same time can be served for special dinners."