Creamed New Potatoes Recipe
- 2-1/2 pounds unpeeled small red potatoes, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water; add salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in another saucepan, combine the cream cheese and buttermilk; cook and stir over medium heat until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat; add the onions, thyme, tarragon and pepper.
- 3. Drain potatoes and place in a serving bowl; add cream sauce and toss to coat. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 292 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 563mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Creamed New Potatoes
"ok at best. Two of my daughters spit them out. The rest of the family said they were just ok."