Creamed Ham and Eggs
When I got married, my husband asked me to get this favorite recipe from his mother. I like to serve it with homemade bran muffins and applesauce.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, diced
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 3 slices toast, cut into triangles
- 1. In a saucepan, melt butter. Add flour, mustard and pepper; cook until bubbly. Gradually add milk and Worcestershire sauce; cook and stir until thickened. Stir in eggs and ham, heat through. Serve hot over toast.
1 cup: 535 calories, 31g fat (15g saturated fat), 314mg cholesterol, 1590mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 32g protein.
Dec 16, 2010
Reminds me of what my mom used to make. Easy to make & tastes good. Will make again.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC