- 1 pound fresh or frozen asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups milk, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 pounds fully cooked ham, cubed
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Toast points or biscuits
- In a saucepan, cook asparagus in a small amount of water until tender; drain and set aside. In a medium saucepan, mix cornstarch and 2 tablespoons ilk. Add butter, salt, pepper and remaining milk; cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Add parsley, ham, eggs, cheese and asparagus; cook and stir over low heat until ham is warmed and cheese is melted. Serve over toast points or biscuits. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forCreamed Ham and Asparagus
"This is tasty. Would be a great addition to a brunch Buffett. I used old white cheddar cheese. Excellent way to use up left over baked ham."
"Have made this many times often for company and love the flavors. Lost recipe, just found it on line. Exceptional flavor and great for what it is, to be served with toast. I prefer a thicker sauce so looking for ways to make it thicker."