Creamed Eggs on English Muffins
I came across this magazine when I first got married more than 20 years ago. It's still my husband's favorite for breakfast or brunch.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs, coarsely chopped
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until almost tender. Add mushrooms; saute until mushrooms and onion are tender. Stir in milk and cream cheese; cook and stir until cheese is melted and blended. Stir in Parmesan cheese, parsley, mustard, salt and pepper. Add eggs; heat through. Serve over English muffins.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 553 calories, 36g fat (20g saturated fat), 402mg cholesterol, 794mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Creamed Eggs on English Muffins in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.