Creamed Chicken Over Corn Bread Recipe
“This comforting dish was a favorite with our kids, and now our 11 grandkids request it,” says Nancy Lange, Hindsboro, Illinois. “The recipe is easily doubled or tripled for our Sunday family dinners.”
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups cubed cooked rotisserie chicken (skin removed)
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Prepare corn bread batter and bake according to package directions, using a 9-in. round baking pan.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter for 2-3 minutes; stir in chicken and broccoli. Cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until heated through.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine flour and salt; stir in the egg yolks, sour cream and milk until smooth. Add to chicken mixture; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until thickened.
- 4. Cut warm corn bread into wedges; top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Creamed Chicken Over Corn Bread
Reviewed Sep. 24, 2017
"We really enjoyed this recipe over Gluten Free Corn bread. There were no leftovers!"
Reviewed Sep. 29, 2014
"It turned out great, I was out of broccoli so I substitued with peas."
Reviewed Aug. 18, 2012
"I made the recipe exactly as written and it was blah. It needs additional seasoning."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC