Creamed Chicken over Biscuits Recipe
- 1 cup cubed peeled potato
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2-1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 4 warm buttermilk biscuits
- 1. Place potato and carrot in a small saucepan. Cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain and set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk. Add bouillon and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the chicken, peas and potato mixture; heat through. Serve with biscuits. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 750 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 2430mg sodium, 97g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 42g protein.
Reviews for Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
"Great comfort food. I always add extra seasoning since it's a little bland otherwise."
"This recipie was delicious!! I didn't put the carrots in and instead of peas I used mixed veggies and not as much chicken boullion. My family loved it!!"
"I've been making this recipe ever since it came out. I usually put the mixture into a crust for a delicious pot pie."