Creamed Chicken over Beans Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut green beans, cooked and drained
- Paprika, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add the water, milk and bouillon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the chicken and heat through. Serve over beans. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 307 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 818mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Creamed Chicken over Beans
"I made this for my mom and dad when i visited, they loved it! I fould it a tad bland, so i might throw some white pepper in next time."
"Very good and easy to make. It is especially good with green beans from the garden. Adding a little thyme and sage to the sauce really bring out the flavor!"