Creamed Chicken and Mushrooms
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small saucepan, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, parsley, salt, paprika and nutmeg until blended. Gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in chicken. Cook 2 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve over rice.
Jan 14, 2015
I loved this!! I had mine with noodles. I will make this again for sure!!
Aug 14, 2014
Really liked this dish! I ended up using less chicken than it called for, just because I prefer a little saucier result. I also added onion and garlic to the mushrooms at the beginning. Yummy and comforting!
Oct 24, 2013
May 17, 2010
Very good, rich and had a nice consistency.