Creamed Celery and Peas
This special side dish never fails to have people returning for more. The celery and almonds provide a great crunch. It tastes impressive, but it's very simple to prepare. —Dorothy Pritchett, Wills Point, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimientos, drained
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring water to a boil. Add celery; cover and cook for 8 minutes. Add peas; return to a boil. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are tender; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, rosemary, salt and garlic salt; mix well. Toss vegetables with pimientos; place in a serving bowl. Top with sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with almonds.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 110 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Creamed Celery and Peas in Taste of Home December/January 1997