Creamed Broccoli and Cauliflower Recipe
You can change the cheese in this recipe to suit your tastes. I use whatever I have on hand. Cheddar adds a nice flavor.
- 3/4 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 slice American cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Additional Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. Place the first three ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain and keep warm. In another small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add American and Parmesan cheeses; cook and stir until cheeses are melted. Pour over vegetables and serve with additional Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup: 155 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 279mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Creamed Broccoli and Cauliflower
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC