- 4 medium red potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen beans or peas
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- Place potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water and cook until tender. Cook beans according to package directions. Meanwhile, melt butter in a saucepan; stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; boil for 1 minute. Drain potatoes and beans; place in a serving bowl. Add sauce and stir to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forCreamed Beans and Potatoes
"Another excellent side dish!!"
"This is one of our favorite dishes to serve with the Meatball in Sweet Clove Sauce thatyou can find in Taste of Home. We like it using peas the best, but using the green beans is good to. Enjoy this recipe. We do."