Cream Puff Pyramids
From West Columbia, South Carolina, Saundra Busby celebrates holidays by topping store-bought miniature cream puffs with canned pie filling and melted chocolate. "These quick-to-assemble dessert call for only five ingredients," she says. "Nothing could be simpler or more elegant."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
- 24 to 32 frozen cream-filled miniature cream puffs, thawed
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Whipped cream in a can
- In a small saucepan, warm cherry pie filling over medium-low heat just until heated through. Place three or four cream puffs on each dessert plate.
- Place melted chocolate in a small resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of the bag. Spoon about 1/4 cup of warm pie filling over cream puffs; drizzle with chocolate. Dust with confectioners' sugar; garnish with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 314 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 169mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Cream Puff Pyramids in Quick Cooking March/April 2003
Apr 12, 2018
This is so easy to make and so delightful and looks like so much work but wasn't this will be one of my go to desserts
Aug 11, 2016
i loved it. cherries, choclate and cream! what's not to love?