Cream Puff Monsters
These "costumed" cream puffs are as cute as can be. —Susan Seymour, Valatie, New York
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- Yellow, red, blue and green food coloring
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Sprinkles, small candies and slivered almonds
- Combine flour, sugar and cocoa; set aside. In a saucepan over medium heat, bring water and butter to a boil; reduce heat to low. Add flour mixture all at once; stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat until smooth. Cover baking sheets with foil; grease foil. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls at least 2 in. apart onto baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Lift foil and transfer to a wire rack. Immediately cut a slit in each puff to allow steam to escape; cool. Beat pudding mix and milk according to package directions; chill. When puffs are cool; split and remove soft dough from inside. Spoon pudding into puffs; replace tops. Following food coloring package directions, combine red and yellow to make orange, and red and blue to make purple. Divide frosting among three microwave-safe bowls; tint with orange, purple and green food coloring. Microwave frosting until thin (not runny). Spoon one or more colors onto puffs. Add sprinkles and candy for eyes; use almonds for teeth or whiskers. Chill.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 180 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 166mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.