- 6 large eggs
- 2-3/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- In a bowl, beat eggs at high speed for 5 minutes or until pale yellow. Gradually beat in sugar and vanilla, mixing until sugar is dissolved. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to batter alternately with cream. Pour into a greased 10-in. tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forCream Pound Cake
"This is a very good pound cake recipe that can be used as the base for so many great desserts. It's great topped with ice cream and/or whipped cream (and fruit as well). I love that I don't have to dig out the butter for this recipe!"
"I followed the recipe as stated except used less sugar. Everyone enjoyed this moist and rich cake. Thanks for sharing."
"I have been making this pound cake for years. It is a great recipe. Try it with fresh fruit & cream."