Cream of Turkey and Wild Rice Soup
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and mushrooms in butter until onion is tender. Add water, broth and rice mix with seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in turkey and cream and heat through. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 364 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 857mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Nov 2, 2019
Delicious! Had some leftover smoked wild turkey and it was great.
Oct 22, 2019
I love this recipe. It is quick and easy and delicious.
Feb 9, 2018
I have made this soup several times. It is so flavorful and comforting. I use rotisserie chicken instead of the turkey. I also add carrots and celery. It is a family favorite now.
Oct 2, 2014
Even better with fresh mushrooms!
Nov 23, 2012
This soup has become a tradition in my family. The day after Thanksgiving or anytime we have left over turkey, I make this soup. It is hearty and great on cool days. Don't wait only for Thanksgiving to make this soup though.
Dec 30, 2011
This was an excellent way to use up the remaining smoked turkey from Christmas. I didn't use the mushrooms since we didn't have any on hand, but I suppose I could have substituted some chopped carrots instead (I didn't think about this until the soup was almost done). My family loved this, and we will be making it again in the future! It's perfect for using up all that leftover turkey from the holidays.