Cream of Tomato Basil Soup Recipe
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce, divided
- 4 large tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 14 fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a food processor, combine 1 cup tomato sauce, tomatoes and basil. Cover and process until pureed. Transfer to a large saucepan; add butter and remaining tomato sauce.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Stir in the cream, salt and pepper; heat through (do not boil). Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 260 calories, 22g fat (14g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 802mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Cream of Tomato Basil Soup
"I think I like the 6 ingredient Tomato Basil soup (on this website) better than this one. Might want to try adding some sugar to it."