"My daughter Sophia made up this delicious soup recipe. The whole family loves it and we have friends that request it regularly." Julie Smithe, Comfort, Texas
Recommended: Classic Homemade Soup Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce, divided
- 4 large tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 14 fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a food processor, combine 1 cup tomato sauce, tomatoes and basil. Cover and process until pureed. Transfer to a large saucepan; add butter and remaining tomato sauce.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Stir in the cream, salt and pepper; heat through (do not boil). Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Basil Soup in Taste of Home
Reviews forCream of Tomato Basil Soup
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 22, 2015
"I think I like the 6 ingredient Tomato Basil soup (on this website) better than this one. Might want to try adding some sugar to it."