Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min. + chilling
Makes16 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 3 quarts water
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen peas
- 2 small yellow summer squash, halved and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 pound fresh wax beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup minced fresh chives
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup creme fraiche or sour cream
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 4 teaspoons snipped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven over high heat, bring water to a boil. Add carrots and peas; cook, uncovered, 3 minutes. Add squash and cook 1 minute longer or until crisp-tender. Remove vegetables and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry. Repeat with wax and green beans, cooking them separately until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Place all vegetables in a large bowl. Sprinkle with chives; toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining ingredients. Add to vegetables; toss gently to coat. Refrigerate, covered, 3-4 hours or until cold.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 90 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 117mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Sep 3, 2014
My entire family really liked this recipe!
Jun 21, 2014
My husband really liked this. It reminded me of creamed peas,carrots and corn from yesteryears. I used sour cream instead of creme fraiche. I like to try making this again with creme fraiche and smaller amount of mayo next time. I think this will make most people very happy. Thanks for sharing.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.