Cream of Spinach Potato Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups milk
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced potatoes, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Transfer mixture to a blender; cover and process until small pieces of potato remain. Return to the pan and heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 137 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 601mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 9, 2010
My family requests this recipe often. I modify it quite a bit. I fry a pound of cubed bacon and a pound of spicy bulk sausage to make the dish heartier and spicier. I use diced potatoes instead of sliced and skip the step of blending. I also use black pepper to give it an extra kick because my family likes spicy dishes. This soup never lasts long in my house.
Jan 4, 2010
Lacks flavor...needs to be thickened. Not the best