- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- Dash pepper
- Paprika and minced fresh parsley
- Place the potatoes and water in a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover and cook until tender; drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add the potatoes, salt, celery salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley and paprika. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forCream of Potato Soup
"Perfect! Thanks so much! :-)"
"try this with ham........................"
"can't wait to try this it sounds good"
"I was pleasantly surprised by how good this was for being so quick and simple and not loaded down with cheese. I used 1 cup of half and half and 2 cups of 1% milk instead of the whole milk because that was what I had on hand. I also added 1 teaspoon of chicken bouillon and 1 extra potato because I like to mash my potatoes a little bit to make the soup thicker. Turned out perfectly."
"This is the best soup ever! I freeze small portions and take them out and microwave for a nice, warm, delicious lunch!"
"It is amazing, but needs additional salt and pepper. I added bacon crumbles and we were very pleased with the results."
"Perfection!! Will definitely make this again & again."