Cream of Crab Soup Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 tablespoons seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 4 cups milk
- 1 pound fresh crabmeat or 3 cans (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Additional milk and parsley, optional
- 1. Melt butter in a 3-qt. saucepan; stir in flour, seafood seasoning, salt and curry powder. Cook until thickened and bubbly. Gradually add milk; cook and stir until mixture is hot (do not boil).
- 2. Remove cartilage from crab if necessary. Add crab and parsley to soup; cook and stir just until crab is heated. If desired, thin soup with additional milk; garnish with parsley. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 262 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 878mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 16g protein.
Reviews for Cream of Crab Soup
"What exactly is seafood seasoning?"
"This soup is AMAZING. I created an account just so I could review it. I substituted seasoned flour for half the flour and deleted the salt. I can't wait for my husband to try it! Happy early Father's Day to him!"
"This was my first time making this soup. It was "SMACK YOUR MOMMA "good! I added a couple of things to make it my own, but awesome receipe."
"AMAZING!! It was my first attempt trying crab soup and it turned out great. I added about 1/4 cup of Sherry at the end and it was perfection!"
"My man has mentioned he would love oysters in this soup, sounds great!"
"Great tasting and easy to make."
"This soup has a very good flavor. I used 6 ounce foil packets of crab instead of canned crab."
"I LOVE THIS!!!I used Old Bay for the seaoning!!!~ Susan"
"i love you mommie"