Cream of Butternut Squash Soup
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 40 min.
Makes6 servings (1-1/2 quarts)
- 4 cups cubed peeled butternut squash (about 1 pound)
- 2 medium potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cups water
- 1 carton (2-1/2 ounces) chicken noodle soup mix
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Place the first five ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 40-45 minutes or until squash and potatoes are tender.
- Puree soup using an immersion blender. Or, cool soup slightly and puree in batches in a blender; return to pan. Stir in cream, salt and pepper; heat through. If desired, sprinkle servings with parsley.
Nov 7, 2017
This soup was very easy to make and was delicious. I made it according to the instructions but I had about 1 1/2 pounds of squash instead of just 1 pound. I also used an envelope of Lipton extra noodle soup mix because that is what I had on hand. The soup was thick as the extra noodle soup may have contributed to the extra thickness. It was rich and buttery tasting and I will definitely make it again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.