Cream-Filled Chocolate Supreme Muffins
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cold water
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine water, oil, egg, vinegar and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- For filling, beat cream cheese, sugar and salt until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Fold in chips.
- Fill 12 paper-lined jumbo muffin cups half full with batter. Drop a rounded tablespoonful of cream cheese mixture into center of each; cover with remaining batter.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 493 calories, 22g fat (5g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 477mg sodium, 70g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Feb 10, 2019
I thought they were good, but mom and dad said they tasted like burnt chocolate. I think it must be the vinegar.
Apr 23, 2015
Have made these many times....loved and devoured by family always ! Only suggestion is to half the baking soda otherwise it's leaves a strong flavor in the muffins....they r rich n chocolaty. ....made these in smaller muffin pan too....easy n delicious :) thank u ToH
Jan 18, 2014
Moist, rich, and very delicious!!
Jun 22, 2013
My teenaged son and his friends rave over these muffins. They request it every time they have a sleepover. I also add 3T expresso powder to the dry ingredients to intensify the chocolate flavor.
Feb 7, 2013
Muffins tasted much better once they cooled. I would now give them 4 stars.
Feb 6, 2013
I liked the cream filling, but the vinegar gave the chocolate part a peculiar burnt taste.
Feb 10, 2012
Excellent taste. Chocolatey, but not overwhelming.
Jun 28, 2011
I have made it weekly for about 2 months now, I usually get one or two, my husband eats the rest!!!!!!!
Jan 20, 2011
Dec 31, 2010
Delicious, moist, and easy to make!