Cream-Filled Chocolate Supreme Muffins
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cold water
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine water, oil, egg, vinegar and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- For filling, beat cream cheese, sugar and salt until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Fold in chips.
- Fill 12 paper-lined jumbo muffin cups half full with batter. Drop a rounded tablespoonful of cream cheese mixture into center of each; cover with remaining batter.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 493 calories, 22g fat (5g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 477mg sodium, 70g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 10, 2019
I thought they were good, but mom and dad said they tasted like burnt chocolate. I think it must be the vinegar.
Apr 23, 2015
Have made these many times....loved and devoured by family always ! Only suggestion is to half the baking soda otherwise it's leaves a strong flavor in the muffins....they r rich n chocolaty. ....made these in smaller muffin pan too....easy n delicious :) thank u ToH
Jan 18, 2014
Moist, rich, and very delicious!!
Jun 22, 2013
My teenaged son and his friends rave over these muffins. They request it every time they have a sleepover. I also add 3T expresso powder to the dry ingredients to intensify the chocolate flavor.
Feb 7, 2013
Muffins tasted much better once they cooled. I would now give them 4 stars.
Feb 6, 2013
I liked the cream filling, but the vinegar gave the chocolate part a peculiar burnt taste.
Feb 10, 2012
Excellent taste. Chocolatey, but not overwhelming.
Jun 28, 2011
I have made it weekly for about 2 months now, I usually get one or two, my husband eats the rest!!!!!!!
Jan 20, 2011
Dec 31, 2010
Delicious, moist, and easy to make!