Cream Cheese Streusel Bars
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, confectioners' sugar, cocoa and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Set aside 1 cup for topping; press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 11x7-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 8-12 minutes or until set.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk, egg and vanilla until blended. Pour over crust; top with reserved crumb mixture. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until filling is set. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 359 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 285mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Jul 9, 2017
I like this recipe when I'm trying to be a little calorie conscious. It still seems pretty high in calories and is a little too sweet for my taste which is a problem in a lot of recipes using condensed milk. The over all taste and texturewere great. I didn't really care that the streusel part wasn't that typical, as the other reader did. I have sometimes made it without the streusel top leaving the rest in the crust, with brickle pieces on the top.
Jan 24, 2011
Oh, my goodness, this has been one of our favorites for many years! I use granulated sugar instead of confectioners, though. Last year I began doubling the filling. Heavenly!
Feb 3, 2009
Thanks for the warning Donna!
Feb 3, 2009
These were not good at all. The "streusel" was like cake. It wasn't crumbly at all. The filling wasn't all that great either. Don't waste your good ingredients on this dud of a recipe.