Cream Cheese Pumpkin Bars
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened, cubed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, mix flour, 1/4 cup sugar and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in oats and pecans. Reserve 1 cup for topping.
- Press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, spices and remaining sugar until smooth. Beat in pumpkin and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour over warm crust; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean and filling is set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Serve within 2 hours or refrigerate, covered.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 196 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 80mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 17, 2019
Thank you so much for sharing this one. My mom used to make these. She passed away a few years ago, and although she gave me LOTS of her recipes, this is one I missed. Such a comfort food for me, in so many ways. The smell almost brings her back. :) Bless you and YUM!!!
Nov 9, 2019
Baking now and smells divine. It makes a lot. Anybody know if these freeze well?
Nov 5, 2019
Delicious! Everyone loved them. I baked them about 10 minutes longer than recipe called for.
Nov 24, 2017
Made these exactly to recipe (which is what I always do before posting a review) and they turned out great and were a big hit at Thanksgiving. Loved the unusual spices. They were even better the next day. Thank you Kim!
Feb 2, 2014
Blah! That is all I have to say.....never making again!
Dec 8, 2013
Made these for a church potluck and they were gone in like 5 minutes. I was asked to share the recipe.I have made traditional pumpkin bars for years for my family and now these are their favorite.
Nov 28, 2013
I didn't have cardamom on hand but made these anyway, was disappointed, not much flavor, half the pan went to waste, maybe cardamom would have made a big difference.
Nov 15, 2013
These were very good and I liked the change of using a little cardamom. Cardamom is a very expensive spice but it gives just the right flavor to these wonderful tasting bars.
Oct 30, 2013
I've made these bars a couple of times, slightly tweaking the recipe each time, just because I can't help myself. As is it's fantastic, but I've also used mashed sweet potatoes and they're equally delicious. I've also eliminated the spices and used orange zest for a "cleaner" flavor and everyone loved that, too. Lots of options and they all taste great.
Oct 28, 2013
I made these exactly as directed. MH loved them. I personally would prefer more spice and a dollop of whipped cream on top. Will be making for MH for Thanksgiving. I have to say that for 1 can of pumpkin you sure get more dessert than you would for a pie. Great for a crowd!