- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar, sliced fresh strawberries and whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; beat into creamed mixture until blended.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Garnish with confectioners' sugar, strawberries and whipped cream if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forCream Cheese Pound Cake
"This is the best pound cake I've ever had!! Will be making this many times in the future. After I removed in from the pan on a wire rack while still warm, I drizzled icing made with powdered sugar, water and vanilla over the cake. Letting the extra icing run off. Then once cooled and dry put in in my cake dome. Awesome!!!"
"This is the first pound cake I have made. It turned out moist and with the great texture I was looking for. I like it with lemon extract but I want to try it with just vanilla also. I only used two cups of sugar. This is good without any fruit or whipped topping."
"Amazing. This is the talk of the party."
"Best pound cake! Everyone loves it when I make it."
"Excellent pound cake recipe. I cut the sugar to approximately 2-1/2 cups. I do not have lemon extract, so I used lemon zest. I will make this again."
"Best pound cake recipe I have tried thus far. It's moist and just the right amount of denseness. The flavor is fabulous. It's great on its own but served with fresh berries and a dollop of whipped cream and it's out of this world tasty. This recipe is a keeper."
"I enjoyed the pound cake I would be making this again Thanks the Jackson Family"