- 8 pounds russet potatoes
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- Additional melted butter, optional
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- Peel and cube potatoes. Place in a large stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 12-15 minutes. Drain.
- With a mixer, beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup melted butter, salt and pepper until smooth. Add potatoes; beat until light and fluffy. If desired, top with additional melted butter. Sprinkle with green onions. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews forCream Cheese Mashed Potatoes
"Great tasting potatoes!"
"Really good recipe. Putting potatoes in crock pot while doing other things is extremely convenient."
"I cut the recipe down for 2. Delicious. I added chives and a little milk.Thank you, Jill, for sharing this recipe."
"I made this recipe for dinner guests this past weekend and it was a huge hit! I halved the recipe for a smaller crowd, and made it exactly as written, leaving out the additional optional melted butter. I will definitely make again....soooo good!"
"This recipe is SOOO Finger-Licking GOOD! I prepared them today, but I used less the amountof potatoes since it's basically just myself! I'd used 1 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper,1/4 cup melted butter, 4 russet potatoes which I'd cut in pieces then cooked up to 30 minutes until tender. I peeled potatoes after they cooked. I DID use the full 8-oz. cream cheese! I mixed in 1/2 chopped small onion into the potatoes, sprinkled with paprika and baked for 45 minutes in 1qt. casserole dish at 350o F. delowenstein"